Do you have a passion for making pastries, cookies, and baked goods from scratch? Join the Bakery Team at DeRomo's Gourmet Market, a popular, busy, authentic Italian market place. We're looking for experienced Bakers with a passion for producing exceptional breads, pastries, biscotti, cookies, cakes, pies and other baked goods. Full time and Part-time position are available.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and skills), medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, vacation, PTO After 90 Days, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
- Deliver the DeRomo’s experience by delighting customers with superior bakery items
- Follow DeRomo's recipes and techniques for preparation and presentation of baked goods to assure consistently high quality
- Ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained in the Bakery Department at all times
- Follow controls to minimize waste and shrinkage
- Order and receive supplies as directed by the Head Baker
- Bring new ideas for products to the Head Baker and collaborate to insure recipes meet DeRomo's high standards
- Ability to properly prepare and follow recipes
- Demonstrated excellent in portion and presentation standards
- Expert level of baking skills
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Up to date with bakery trends and best practices
- Guest oriented and service minded
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe Certificate
- 5 years of professional baking experience
The DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
DeRomo's Gourmet Market & Restaurant
BE PART OF OUR GROWING TEAM
At DeRomo’s Gourmet Market and Restaurant, we strive for exceptional taste and consistency, as well as unparalleled customer service. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource to make this happen. Our team members make us who we are by being who they are and by bringing their passion for great food and great service into the workplace.
DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management; a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team members through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing growth and development opportunities at all levels within our organization. People are our bottom line because when you develop better associates, you can take better care of your customers. We look for individuals who want to grow and learn with us. We invest in employees who don’t just bring a great résumé but also want to be challenged and inspired. Because people are our bottom line, we build rich professional and personal relationships that our company can stand on.
Company Website: deromos.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)